Project Associate – Accessibility Services
We are seeking a Project Associate to support our work in Community Accessible Design and Planning Services. You will work directly with project managers to develop ADA Title II Self-Evaluation and Transition Plans and other related work products. You’ll also work as a team member to support projects and deliver high-quality work products in a dynamic environment.
- Working with the team to develop Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title II Self-Evaluation and Transition Plans
- Conducting site evaluations of buildings, parks, and the public right-of-way for adherence to ADA Title II Standards and other relevant accessibility regulations and guidelines.
- Analyzing policy and plans for adherence to ADA Title II Regulations
- Completing GIS analysis and mapping.
- High level of autonomy with strong team orientation
- Managing time and coordinating with team to develop work products
- Strong organizational skills and ability to implement systems for developing work products
- Technical writing skills
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading and document production skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and dedication to carry tasks through to completion
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- GIS Proficiency
- SQL and Python skills preferred.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD is desirable
- Existing knowledge and comprehension of ADA Title II is desirable