Urban Planning and Design Associate
MIG is seeking a multi-talented planner and urban designer for our Berkeley office. We are seeking a candidate with education and professional background in urban planning and design to work with a creative, driven team dedicated to creating environments, organizations and tools for human development.
The associate will work on a range of efforts, such as general plans, specific plans, downtown plans, campus master plans, and streetscape design projects. He or she will help with plan analyses and reports; mapping, visualization, and graphics production; community engagement efforts; and other work products for both public and private sector clients. The candidate should be able to critically think of ways to create transformative spaces, as well as write design guidelines for streets and adjoining built form.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors and/or master’s degree in urban design, architecture or city/urban planning. The candidate must have strong writing skills, excellent graphics capabilities, and the desire to work as an enthusiastic team member. Required computer skills include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. GIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp and design skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
This is a full-time position. Some evening and weekend work will be required as necessary for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in urban design, city/urban planning or architecture
- 1-4 years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design and community engagement
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong graphic and design skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team