Environmental Planner/CEQA Analyst
MIG is an environmental consulting, planning, and design firm headquartered in Berkeley, California with offices located throughout the state. For 30 years, we have been a guiding force in helping our clients and the public think strategically, communicate effectively, and find solutions to improve our communities and protect the environment. Our San Jose office focuses on environmental impact analysis, biological analysis, conservation planning, and the preparation of documents required under CEQA and NEPA.
MIG is seeking a mid-level CEQA Analyst with experience preparing all types of CEQA/NEPA documents to join the staff at MIG’s San Jose, CA office. This position is based in the San Jose office, although opportunity exists to also work out of MIG’s Berkeley or Sacramento office.
The position will consist of assisting with researching and writing CEQA/NEPA documents and proposals, and supporting project teams in all aspects of providing environmental consulting services to our clients. Knowledge of CEQA/NEPA combined with knowledge of resource agency laws and requirements (Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Regional Water Quality Control Board, State Air Resources Board, state and federal Endangered Species Acts, California Fish and Game Code) is essential.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with CEQA and NEPA compliance
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solver who works well in a collaborative environment
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, effective time management, and the ability to delegate wisely
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a project team
- Masters degree in a related discipline
- 3 -5 years of experience preparing CEQA/NEPA documents, preferably in an environmental consulting firm setting.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a current driver’s license and access to personal transportation
- Onsite work is required