Senior Visual Designer
MIG produces award-winning branding and marketing for public agencies and private-sector clients. Much of our work is related to social marketing campaigns designed to change behavior and improve communities through initiatives, such as water and energy conservation, public transit, community health and social welfare.
MIG is in search of a Senior Visual Designer to work in our Berkeley, CA office. The ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 years of senior-level experience at a creative services firm or similar environment developing collateral and campaigns in print and digital media—spearheading the creative process from initial concept to implementation. Experience designing UI/UX, expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment is required.
- Lead creative development for comprehensive branding and marketing campaigns from initial strategy through implementation
- Provide expert design direction for multiple projects—both print and digital.
- Embrace design principles: typography, color, visual hierarchy and brand elements, as well as behavior pattern and responsive UX development.
- Meet with clients to present design concepts and effectively articulate strategies.
- Collaborate with MIG’s team of graphic designers, writers, web developers and project managers to achieve client goals and exceed their expectations.
- 5-10 years senior-level experience as a visual designer in a creative services agency or similar environment
- BFA, MFA or related degree in graphic design
- Expert knowledge of design software (Adobe Creative Suite, et al.)
- Knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX design
- Experience in designing across multiple platforms and responsive applications that can fit screen sizes for tablet, laptop, mobile and desktop
- Proven portfolio of implemented campaign work for print and web
- Experience explaining creative concepts and articulating design directions to clients
- Ability to support business development and marketing pursuits
- Experience with motion design, multimedia and/or illustration a plus
Potential candidates should demonstrate their expertise through a comprehensive portfolio of work that shows an overarching passion for design, an understanding of project goals and how they were achieved. We are particularly interested in applicants with UI/UX design, print, video production, presentation and digital campaign experience. The ideal candidate has worked on creative projects from end to end and is a critical thinker who is able to clearly articulate design decisions. We are searching for a designer with maturity and established experience that is also eager to stay on top of emerging trends and technologies and open to explore new directions in design.