We are seeking a dynamic young professional, interested in contributing to a boutique architecture practice within a 220‐person, nationally recognized planning and design firm. Our clients connect people to nature and culture, and we help them do that through design. Working collaboratively, often in dynamic cross‐disciplinary teams, we bring an integrated approach to the practical implementation of our core values and ideals.
Opportunities: mission‐driven clients, community‐based and visitor‐centered architectural projects, growth and leadership, travel, and a collaborative design environment. Bring: enthusiasm and energy, an interest in complex projects at all scales, a knack for business development and marketing, a good understanding of how buildings go together, a willingness to get good ideas from anywhere, and thoughts about how good work gets done in a sustainable way.
The Project Architect will:
- Lead and assist project teams in all phases of architectural design;
- Serve as Project Manager for projects with a wide range of construction values, which may be across the country or around the world;
- Manage the architectural detailing and documentation process for diverse project types.
The first project assignment for the successful candidate will be the completion of a museum project that is currently in the Contract Documents Phase. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop an understanding of the project program, basis of design and documentation to date.
- Manage the internal MIG|Portico team, including architecture and landscape architecture.
- Manage the local and on‐location consultant team (Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Lighting, Civil, Retail Consultant, local consulting Architect) to complete and coordinate documents.
- Review exhibit design documents (work by in‐house team) to evaluate implications for A/E scope and for coordination requirements.
- Review pricing documents and coordinate with subconsultant team to review by discipline.
- Oversee Contract Administration phase work throughout construction phase.
Familiarity with the following systems are beneficial:
- Autodesk products, including AutoCAD And Revit
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Deltek Vision CRM and Opportunities modules
The right person will have 7‐12 years of experience, either licensed or directly on the way to licensure. They will have experience with effective and accurate completion of the CD phase, and self‐directed CA management. They will bring experience with projects that include visitor facilities, live and static collections, interpretive exhibits, community buildings, and/or projects with extensive engagement of site design and landscape architecture.