MIG, Inc. is a national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with over 250 employees in 15 US offices. Our Denver office is seeking a full-time, motivated Civil Engineer-in-Training to join our multi-disciplinary planning and design team.
This role works closely with a licensed civil engineer and a team of designers on a wide variety of projects and responsibilities. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has a high proficiency in CAD, thinks critically and creatively, works as part of a collaborative team, and maintains a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Civil engineering design work for site design, low impact development, and complete streets projects.
- Assistance with preparation of plan documents.
- Project administration support including research and report compilation.
- Preparation of preliminary calculations and quantity take-offs,
- Construction administration support and drafting and design with Civil 3D.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; master’s or progress toward a master’s degree a plus.
- NCEES designation of Engineer-in-Training (EIT) a plus.
- 0-3 years of work experience in civil engineering discipline
- Ability to work within a team, as well as self-motivated with a desire to expand their career
- Adaptable, able to think critically to solve new problems and perform a variety of tasks
- Strong technical communication skills: writing and presenting
- Desired computer proficiency includes: AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Word and Excel