Project Associate - Accessibility Services
MIG is a firm focused on planning, designing and sustaining environments that support human development. We are currently seeking a Project Associate to join our Berkeley office and help support us in our work in Community Accessible Design and Planning Services (CADS). The Project Associate will work directly with project managers to develop ADA Title II Self-Evaluation and Transition Plans and other related work products. The Project Associate will work as a member of the Community Accessible Design and Planning Services team to support projects and deliver high-quality work products in a dynamic environment.
- Working with the team to develop Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title II Self-Evaluation and Transition Plans
- Conducting site evaluations of buildings, parks, and the public right-of-way for adherence to ADA Title II Standards and other relevant accessibility regulations and guidelines.
- Analyzing policy and plans for adherence to ADA Title II Regulations
- Completing GIS analysis and mapping.
- High level of autonomy with strong team orientation
- Managing time and coordinating with team to develop work products
- Strong organizational skills and ability to implement systems for developing work products
- Technical writing skills
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading and document production skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and dedication to carry tasks through to completion
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- GIS Proficiency
- SQL and Python skills preferred.
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite and AutoCAD is desirable
- Existing knowledge and comprehension of ADA Title II is desirable