CEQA Project Manager / Senior CEQA Analyst
We are seeking Project Managers and mid- to senior-level CEQA Analysts with experience preparing all types of CEQA/NEPA documents to join our team in our Berkeley, San Jose, and southern California offices.
CEQA Project Managers and Senior CEQA Analysts market and manage projects from MIG’s existing client base as well as help grow the environmental analysis group, contributing to MIG’s legacy of innovation, creativity, technical excellence, and quality service. Project managers will participate in and lead marketing efforts and manage the preparation of CEQA documents on a variety of project types including public infrastructure, schools, planning documents, and private development projects. Successful candidates will demonstrate a high level of expertise in the principles and practices of preparing legally adequate CEQA documents, have a working knowledge of federal, state, and regional laws and regulations, and be familiar with environmental issues in Northern and/or Southern California. Candidates must possess the ability to lead teams and organize staff resources to deliver simultaneous assignments on time and budget, help pursue and win work, and have excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Prepare, manage, direct, and provide support for the preparation of all types of CEQA/NEPA documents.
- Manage project teams, subcontractors, work assignments, and contracts.
- Ensure that all work is performed within assigned time and budget allotments, in accordance with projects scopes, and to client expectations.
- Ensure that all work products are complete, accurate, legally compliant, and meet MIG’s quality assurance and control criteria and applicable professional standards.
- Represent projects at public hearings and meetings, make presentations, and respond to comments.
- Build and maintain strong and responsive client relationships.
- Help to define market gaps and new opportunities to maximize MIG’s market potential and depth.
- Develop leads, head marketing initiatives, prepare proposals, and win work.
- Coordinate with other groups within MIG to leverage, expand and help cross sell MIG’s services.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of staff on project management, client relations, technical issues, training, and other topics.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes professional growth and success.
- Contribute to the development, communication, and implementation of business plan and budget objectives.
- Stay abreast of current case law and applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Minimum BA/BS with major course work in a planning, natural resource or environmental policy field. Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preparing CEQA/NEPA documents, preferably in an environmental consulting firm setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving, work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, effective time management, and the ability to delegate wisely.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a project team.
Candidates will be evaluated for their qualifications in a comprehensive way, considering strengths in some areas in light of less experience in others. Salary is commensurate with experience.