Mid-Level CEQA Analyst
We are seeking a motivated and experienced mid-level CEQA Analyst to join our environmental sciences team in either our San Jose or Berkeley, California, office. This is a full-time position with opportunity for growth.
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team conducting environmental impact assessments on a wide variety of projects in the greater Bay Area and throughout California. Your colleagues will include biologists, air quality and noise specialists, landscape architects, and planners. This team specializes in finding solutions to complex technical and regulatory issues in planning, design, and management of the built and natural environment.
- Project Work: You will work with a team developing and publishing environmental documents, including independent drafting of clear and concise CEQA/NEPA document text, conducting research, and maintaining project files.
- Managing Projects: You will develop and manage projects commensurate with your experience, including scopes of work, budgets, schedules, and internal and external subconsultant and client teams. In addition, Project Managers at MIG maintain client relationships; identify the correct course of action to the client; represent clients at public hearings and meetings; and set the standards for excellence, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Project Types: MIG has a broad range of clients and project types including but not limited school projects, park, open space, and trail projects, public infrastructure and utility projects, residential projects and planning documents such as General Plans, Specific Plans, and Park Master Plans. The projects you will typically work on will include technical environmental impact assessments (CEQA and NEPA) and environmental compliance programs for cities, counties, regional and local districts, and other public and private-sector clients.
As a successful candidate, you will be able to manage time and competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you must have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, urban planning, or an associated field (a Master’s degree in a complementary field is a plus).
- Working knowledge of CEQA/NEPA processes, ideally as part of a consulting or agency team.
- Working knowledge of the primary laws (CEQA, NEPA, CESA, ESA, Clean Water Act, etc.) and regulatory agencies (BAAQMD, RWQCB, CDFG, USFWS, USACE, Coastal Commission, BCDC, State Lands Commission, LAFCo) that direct the environmental analysis process in California.
- You are organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- You have excellent analytical and technical writing skills.
- You are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- You have software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro, and may have working knowledge of InDesign, GIS, or other relevant software.