Communications Project Associate
MIG’s in-house creative services team specializes in branding, marketing and strategic communications that promote social causes and advance the common good. With a focus on equity and inclusivity, we partner primarily with public-sector agencies to improve local communities and the world we live in. We are active in a wide variety of sectors, including resource conservation (e.g., water and recycling), clean energy, transportation and traffic safety, community health and social welfare. Our team is motivated by meaningful work.
We seek a Communications Project Associate who is eager to learn and contribute to the success of our award-winning creative team. You will be immersed in a multidisciplinary environment, collaborating with MIG's creative team of marketing strategists, project managers, writers and designers, as well as with a broader group of outreach specialists, policy consultants, urban planners, environmental designers and others from across the firm. We believe that diverse disciplines, backgrounds and perspectives inspire the best solutions.
The Project Associate will in participate project management and administration, research, writing, and coordination of communications materials to support successful client relationships.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated and detail-oriented professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. You have the ability to work collaboratively and independently—with initial direction from principals, directors and project managers. You will support interdisciplinary project teams and have opportunities for progressive responsibility and advancement.
- 1-4 years related work experience, depending on educational background
- Bachelor’s degree with particular interest in Communications, Graphic Design, Public Policy and Business majors
- Strong writing skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, open mindset and desire to continually learn and improve
- Strong time management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google applications suite
- Background in graphic design and production; knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge in print production
- Expertise in social media
- Interest in public policy, community involvement, and social and organizational change
- Competency in budgeting and accounting practices
- Bilingual ability