Marketing Operations Associate Director
We are excited to be growing our marketing and business development team and are seeking an experienced Associate Director of Marketing Operations to join our diverse team of professionals team in any state in which MIG has an office (California, Colorado, Texas, Washington, Oregon, New York), though preference will be given to California and Denver offices. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and may be performed from the office or working hybrid/remotely. NOTE: This position is marketing MIG, not providing marketing services for clients (i.e., not social media marketing/advertising) Up-to-date Covid vaccination is required for all MIG staff for in-person work.
Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline Marketing and Business Development Team (MBT) that provides support to our multi-disciplinary technical teams in the areas of proposal production, presentation and collateral development, conference strategies and management, business development initiatives, and more.
Leadership Role: As a Director at MIG, you will be in a leadership position working with the CDO, other MIG leaders, and a firmwide collaborative marketing group. You will help connect and manage strategic business development relationships and immediate marketing opportunities; produce and deliver high-quality, effective proposals; develop presentation and collateral materials; contribute to conference strategies and management; and more.
Responsibilities typically include the following and both in supporting and lead roles, varying by the task at hand:
- Managing the Marketing and Business Development Team: In concert with the CDO, the person in this position may supervise other MBT members; support team morale; assist other MBT Associate Directors in balancing weekly proposal workload; conduct annual reviews; and ensure high-quality and timely work products from the MBT.
- Producing proposals: Produce high-quality and effective proposals, awards submittals, presentations, conference materials, and other rapid-turnaround efforts.
- Developing and collaborating on strategy: Participate in and assist with pursuit decisions, proposal strategy, and interview support. Work with the CDO and practice leaders to assess and prioritize multiple opportunities so that marketing resources are focused and effective. Collaborate with any MIG office’s Principal/Director to establish strategic relationships and partnerships as well as cultivate leads with public, private, and non-profit sector clients.
- Tracking and reporting on opportunities: Track and communicate strategic business development relationships and potential RFP/Q opportunities in the region that align with MIG’s business goals and values. Prepare a weekly “opportunities report” for the MIG Management Team and follow-up on action items and develop marketing team weekly schedule. Oversee the sales reporting for new contracts attributed to MIG technical team members.
- Ensuring systems and collateral maintenance: Assist in the management of upgrades and updates to proposal materials (resumes, project descriptions, proposal boilerplate text, etc.); work with the CDO to oversee the maintenance of marketing-related files including proposals, interview materials, images, resumes, project sheets, etc.
- Attending and leading meetings: Lead and actively participate in weekly MBT meetings to share best practices and improvements, as well as the weekly MIG Management Team to review the opportunities report. Attend pre-proposal meetings and strategic relationship-building sessions as needed.
MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and/or weekend work may be required to attend meetings or meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance and these hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, business, graphic design or in an A/E/C field. A Master’s degree in any field is a plus.
- Relevant experience producing marketing proposals/qualifications packages and managing the marketing and/or business development efforts for urban planning and design, architecture, engineering, communications and/or design/construction industries is required.
- You can produce high-quality work products and have strong quality control/assurance and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication for internal team communication as well as external client communication and work products.
- The ability to participate collaboratively in small and large group discussions.
- A professional demeanor, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner.
- You are collaborative and willing to pitch in to help others, but you can also work independently to complete tasks.
- The desire and ability to always be an active listener who can work with different personalities and professional styles.
- You are a proactive, organized and a flexible teammate who can adapt to resolve problems and can work under deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign. Experience in the full Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite and Deltek Vision or Vantage Point is a plus.