Project Associate - Urban Design/Planning
We are seeking an entry- to mid-level urban design and planning Project Associate to join our diverse team in either our Berkeley or Sacramento office.
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that creates designs and plans for communities of all sizes across the U.S., as well as higher education institutions and campuses and development projects for both public and private sector clients.
- Project Work: You will support a team of planners, designers, and Project Managers in all aspects of project design and implementation, including meeting facilitation, research, writing, development of materials, meeting support, content analysis, administration and client interaction.
- Project Types: The projects you will typically work on will include general plans, specific plans, downtown plans and campus master plans; streetscape designs and community engagement meetings, including using online tools.
This is a full-time, hourly position. MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required for community engagement, site evaluations or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you must be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you must have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in urban design/planning or a related field. (A Master’s degree in a complementary field is a plus.)
- Relevant consulting experience in planning, urban design or a closely related field.
- Able to produce high-quality work products, including meeting or research summaries, planning document and poster board layouts, and mapping.
- Ability to speak easily and clearly in front of groups and to participate in small and large group discussions.
- Excellent skills in graphics and document presentation and written and verbal communication.
- Be are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in GIS, AutoCAD, and/or SketchUp is a plus.
- As a plus, you are bilingual with Spanish language skills.