Project Associate: Urban Planning and Design
We are seeking an entry- to mid-level Urban Planning and Design Project Associate to join our dynamic team of professionals. You will support our urban design and planning studio on a variety of project types, including general plans, specific plans, downtown plans, campus master plans, and streetscape design.
We are looking for professionals with an education and background in urban planning or urban design and, most of all, a passion to work with a creative, driven team dedicated to creating great places.
Responsibilities include working closely with a team of planners and designers to:
- Develop design and planning concepts
- Visually communicate plan options and their impacts to clients, decision-makers and the public
- Help with plan analyses and reports
- Produce maps, graphics and visualizations
- Support and participate in community engagement activities and other efforts for public and private sector clients
Some evening and weekend work will be required.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think critically and creatively, work well independently and as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment, and maintain a sense of humor. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities.
- A Bachelor’s degree in planning, urban design, architecture, public policy, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 1+ years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design and community engagement
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Adobe Creative Suite
- GIS, AutoCAD and SketchUp software skills are a plus
- Bilingual capabilities are a plus