Urban Design and Planning Project Manager
We are seeking a motivated, creative and experienced Urban Design and Planning Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary team.
This position involves leading project teams to develop innovative plans and bold design solutions for public and private-sector clients. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team that provides land use and policy planning, urban design and community engagement services. Typical projects may include streetscape designs, corridor plans, downtown revitalization plans, specific plans, station area plans, transit-oriented development and neighborhood plans.
The Project Manager will be responsible for developing and overseeing project scopes of work and budgets, managing internal team and subconsultants, client communication and quality control. In this role, the Project Manager will regularly interact with community members and stakeholders including City staff, Commission and Councilors; developers and property owners; area residents; and public agency partners.
The ideal candidate must be able to think critically and creatively; successfully manage projects, work products, and clients; work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communication skills and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities impacted by our work.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field is preferred
- 6+ years of work experience in planning and urban design or a closely related field
- Strong graphics and writing skills
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Sketchup (or other 3D modeling software)
- AutoCAD and GIS software skills a plus, as are bilingual capabilities