Senior CEQA Project Manager/Senior Analyst
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience preparing all types of CEQA/NEPA documents to join our staff.
The successful candidate will be able to market and manage projects from our existing client base, as well as help grow the environmental impact analysis group in Northern California and contribute to MIG’s legacy of innovation, creativity, technical excellence and quality service. You will participate in and lead marketing efforts and manage the preparation of CEQA documents on a variety of projects, including planning documents, public infrastructure, schools and private development projects. Successful candidates will demonstrate a high level of expertise in the principles and practices of preparing legally adequate CEQA documents, have a working knowledge of federal, state, and regional laws and regulations, and be familiar with environmental issues in Northern California. Candidates must be able to lead teams and organize staff resources to deliver simultaneous assignments on time and budget, help pursue and win work, and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prepare, manage, direct, and provide support for the preparation of all types of CEQA/NEPA documents.
- Manage project teams, subcontractors, work assignments, and contracts.
- Ensure that all work is performed within assigned time and budget allotments, in accordance with projects scopes, and to client expectations.
- Ensure that all work products are complete, accurate, legally compliant, and meet MIG’s quality assurance and control criteria and applicable professional standards.
- Represent projects at public hearings and meetings, make presentations, and respond to comments.
- Build and maintain strong and responsive client relationships.
- Help to define market gaps and new opportunities to maximize MIG’s market potential and depth.
- Develop leads, head marketing initiatives, prepare proposals, and win work.
- Coordinate with other groups within MIG to leverage, expand and help cross sell MIG’s services.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of staff on project management, client relations, technical issues, training, and other topics.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes professional growth and success.
- Contribute to the development, communication, and implementation of business plan and budget objectives.
- Stay abreast of current case law and applicable federal, state and local regulations.
- Minimum BA/BS with major course work in a planning, natural resource, or environmental policy field. Master’s degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience preparing CEQA/NEPA documents, preferably in an environmental consulting firm setting.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, effective time management, and the ability to delegate wisely.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a project team.