Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Our Denver office is seeking an experienced administrative professional to be our Executive Assistant/Office Manager.
Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that creates designs and plans for communities of all size across the U.S., as well as higher education institutions and campuses and development projects for both public and private sector clients.
Dual Roles: Your primary responsibility will be to provided executive assistance to the Denver office’s Principal and Director, which will be about 80% for your time. Your secondary (but equally important) role as the Office Manager will be about 20% of your time. Both of these roles require collaboration with local and firmwide leadership, other administrators, and our team of planners/designers to support their ability to focus on billable work, manage projects, and deliver high quality work products in a fast-pasted environment.
Executive Assistant duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the office Principal with strategic and comprehensive calendar management for internal and external meetings; heavy travel arrangements; timesheets and expense reports; speaking engagement coordination; and other tasks related to the CDO’s multiple firmwide responsibilities. You will also help leverage the Principal’s time with prompt correspondence, meeting coordination, and project schedule management.
- Serving as an ambassador for the Principal by providing a trusted contact for immediate follow up for colleagues, clients and prospective clients, other MIG offices, and partners.
- Helping with client management by providing prompt, professional private and public sector client correspondence.
- Assisting with various project-related tasks: invoicing calculations and coordination; expense reports; contracts and project set-up and close-out; drafting additional services and scope changes; budget management; heavy internal reporting; document layout, text flow, editing and proofreading.
Office Management duties include but are not limited to:
- General office tasks: answering phones, receiving guests, supplies orders, mail distribution, and general assistance in keeping the work area tidy.
- Project/accounting support – Assist Director/Project Managers, accountants, and other office professionals with various project-related tasks.
- Meetings coordination for meetings with multiple attendees; conference room and virtual meeting room booking; meeting room set up/clean up.
This is a full-time, hourly position. MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required to help our staff and to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish these responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you will have some combination of the following qualifications:
- An Associate’s degree in any field. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any field is a plus.
- Relevant administrative office and executive assistance experience is required. Experience supporting projects in professional services consulting is preferred. Accounting or budget management experience is a plus.
- You are local to or willing to relocate to Denver to work full-time from the office (post-covid).
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication for internal team communication as well as external client communication and work products.
- You have a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner.
- You are an organized and adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience in Google Suite, Deltek Vision, and/or Adobe InDesign is a plus.