Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer (Mid-Level)
We are excited to be growing our Denver landscape design studio and are seeking an experienced, mid-level Landscape Architect and/or Landscape Designer to join our diverse team of professionals. This position may be performed remotely from any of the states MIG operates in (CA, CO, TX, OR, WA), but local to the Denver Metro area and experience working in Colorado is preferred. MIG supports a hybrid work-from-home/remote and in-office schedule, but encourages in-person work for learning and team-building opportunities. Some in-person work will be required for client meetings and team collaboration. Proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination is required for in-person work.
Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that creates designs for communities, parks and recreation, streets, and programming of community facilities for public and private-sector clients across the U.S.
Project Work: You will support a team of landscape architects, planners, and project managers on landscape architecture projects in the public and private sector. Responsibilities will vary by project but will typically include assisting a lead designer or project manager with tasks such as site analysis, site design, problem solving, construction detailing, planting plans, selection and design of site amenities and paving systems, aesthetic detailing, and project research. This work will result in the production of conceptual and technical exhibits, illustrative graphics, and full construction document sets. Other responsibilities may include providing support in developing cost estimates, responding to construction submittals and questions, providing sub-consultant and client coordination, and attending client meetings.
Project Types: The projects you will typically work on will include streetscape design; park planning and design; site and landscape design for public and private buildings; campus master plans; children’s play environments; and community engagement (including online meetings and tools).
MIG works on projects nationwide; occasionally, some travel, evening, or weekend work may be required for community engagement, site evaluations, or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture from an accredited university.
- Relevant consulting experience working in or with other landscape architects and producing drawings and client deliverables is required. You have enough prior experience in a landscape architecture office and with the required software to be able to work independently on project assignments.
- You have strong construction document and construction administration experience.
- You can thrive in a hybrid in-person/remote setting. You are a proactive communicator and take initiative via phone, email, and chat when you need help or collaboration.
- Ability to produce high-quality work products, including but not limited to complete construction document drawing sets and illustrative site plan and design sketches.
- Ability to speak effectively in front of groups and can participate in small and large group discussions.
- You are an excellent communicator who provides clear, collaborative, and productive written and verbal communication.
- You are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- You take initiative, are an excellent problem-solver and designer, and appreciate the technical aspects of landscape architecture.
- Software proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required. Experience in GIS and/or SketchUp and/or Lumion or other 3D rendering software is a plus.