Planning Team Administrative Assistant (In-Person Only)
We are seeking an experienced, full-time Administrative Assistant to assist our County of Orange with administrative tasks for their Planning and Development division. While MIG staff are currently working remotely due to COVID, this position will report to an on-site client of MIG’s and will need to work in-person. Proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination with at least one booster will be required for in-person work.
Collaborative Teammate Working Directly with Clients: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that provides a full range of planning services to public agencies.
Project Work: You will work on-site at the County of Orange’s Planning and Development Division to coordinate development entitlements and to implement planning programs. Your primary responsibilities will be handling project intake, heavy data tracking and data entry, and coordinating with reviewers and developers on status, deadlines, and comments in line with established client procedures and timeframes. In addition to on-site client services, you will have the opportunity to support a team of planners, designers, and Project Managers in all aspects of other planning projects, including meeting facilitation, research, writing, development of materials, meeting support, content analysis, administration and client interaction.
Project Types: The projects you will typically work on will focus on residential entitlements.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have some combination of the following qualifications:
- Relevant experience working with a city or county in current planning and entitlement processing or strong experience as an administrative assistant or intern in a municipal current planning department.
- Ability to produce high-quality work products, including but not limited to meeting or research summaries; planning document and graphic presentations.
- You can communicate effectively amongst team members, client, and developers to coordinate work assignments, deliverables, and deadlines.
- Ability to ensure high quality in the accuracy and clarity in your written and verbal communication.
- Ability to speak easily and clearly in front of clients or groups and can participate in small and large group discussions.
- You can prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- You have a professional and approachable demeanor, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner.
- You are a proactive, organized, efficient, and adaptable teammate who can work under deadlines and is willing to pitch in to help others.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in GIS, AutoCAD, and/or SketchUp is a plus.