Project Assistant / Office Administrator
Our downtown Los Angeles office has an immediate opening for an experienced, full-time Project Assistant/Office Administrator. This integral role requires collaboration with the design teams and office leadership to support the office and our ability to manage projects and deliver high-quality work products in a fast-paced environment.
General Office Duties (50%)
- Reception: answer phones and receive all visitors in a professional manner
- Meeting management: manage schedule for conference rooms; meeting set up/clean up; order meals
- Staff support: manage calendars and coordinate meeting, make travel arrangements, completing expense reports
- Supplies: manage office and kitchen supplies inventory and ordering
- Library: organize and manage the sample library
- Internal reporting assistance: help data entry and coordination with staff and project accountant
- Documents: organize, file, print, and archive documents and drawings for project teams; coordinate the delivery and mailing of documents, drawings and other items; distribute incoming mail to staff
- Common areas: help maintain cleanliness and organization of the office common areas
- Activities: plan and execute office culture activities (picnics, happy hours, etc.)
- Coordinate with Building Management Company and janitorial company as needed
Project Assistant Duties (50%)
- Project RFIs (Requests for Information): work closely with Project Managers on RFIs and submittals during construction administration by logging in documents, distributing to external team members, conducting QA/QC on responses received from all parties before returning to clients for approvals. Upload documents to shared file site.
- Project initiation: assist with contract routing processing and accounting system setup for new projects and additional services on existing projects
- Sub-consultants: coordinate sub-consultant setup, including certificates of insurances, W9 forms, contracts, etc.
- Project work: assist interns and professional staff with project work/production/Adobe InDesign, meeting notes transcription, document edits/pick up comments; proofing; subconsultant and client coordination.
- Invoices: assist with the preparation, review, and processing of invoices for clients and sub-consultants
- Additional services: coordinate with teams, draft letters, follow up to ensure completion
- Spreadsheets: assist project managers with budget spreadsheet set up and review, including project plans for resource planning needs.
- Printing: coordinate outsourced printing
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and be eager to learn and grow and support our operations and landscape architecture staff. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required for deadline-driven work.
- Minimum of one year working in a professional office environment is required, experience in the design industry is preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business management is desirable.
- Ability to type at least 60 WPM and use 10-key touch pad required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat is required
- Experience using Adobe InDesign, Bluebeam Revu, and/or Deltek Vision is preferable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with accounting systems is preferable
- Must be a team-player with a positive attitude
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and desire and willingness to learn
- Flexibility, adaptability working with a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, precise, accurate, organized
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work efforts
- Be proactive and willing to work under deadlines
- Ability to interact with clients and co-workers with tact and diplomacy