Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager
MIG is seeking a Senior Environmental Planner/Project Manager with in-depth CEQA/NEPA experience to join the staff in our Riverside Office.
We are looking for a team leader who can manage projects from our existing client base, help grow our environmental services practice in Southern California, and contribute to MIG’s legacy of innovation, creativity, excellence, and quality service. Key duties include managing the preparation of all types of CEQA/NEPA documents for a variety of public and private sector projects, preparing proposals and pursuing marketing leads. You will need expertise in the principles and practices of preparing clear, comprehensive, and legally adequate CEQA documents. You will lead teams, prepare environmental documents, organize staff resources and follow through with deliverables on time and within budget. Successful candidates should be able to:
- Prepare, manage, direct, and provide support for all types of CEQA/NEPA documents.
- Lead and mentor staff.
- Manage project, work assignments, and contracts to ensure that all work is performed within assigned time and budget allotments.
- Ensure that all work products are complete, accurate, legally compliant, and meet MIG’s quality assurance and control criteria and professional standards.
- Represent projects at public hearings and meetings, make presentations, and respond to comments.
- Build and maintain strong and responsive client relationships.
- Identify opportunities to maximize MIG’s market potential and depth.
- Develop leads, head marketing initiatives, and prepare winning proposals.
- Coordinate with the many other MIG disciplines to leverage, expand and help cross-sell CEQA/NEPA services.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative work environment that promotes professional growth and success.
- Help develop and implement MIG’s business plan.
- BA/BS with major course work in a planning, natural resources, or environmental policy field. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience preparing CEQA/NEPA documents.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible,open-minded, and able to work in a dynamic environment and adjust to changing priorities.
- Creative problem-solver with excellent analytic skills who works well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and effective time management.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a project team.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a current driver’s license and access to personal transportation.