We are looking for creative Project Associates to join our multidisciplinary planning, design and communications team. The ideal candidates will have interest and experience in public or private sector planning, excellent organizational skills, the desire to work in a team environment, the ability to think critically and creatively and a sense of fun.
The position involves working closely with a team of planners and strategic communications specialists to engage with communities and prepare general plans, specific plans, zoning ordinances, master plans, public policy studies and urban design plans, and to undertake a variety of unusual and intriguing projects. We are looking for candidates who understand quality community-centric planning and design, and who have the skill to convey ideas both graphically and in written form.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited planning program, with Master’s degree preferred
- At least two of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree, or one year with Master’s degree
- Excellent writing, critical thinking, and oral communications skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Other desirable software skills: Adobe Creative Suite, ArcGIS, G Suite tools
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus