We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Intern Architect to contribute to the architectural projects. You will collaborate with staff in our Seattle office, a full-service, boutique design firm composed of architects, landscape architects, interpretive planners and exhibit designers who are engaged in national and international visitor experience projects.
This integral position will expand our architectural design practice into the Berkeley office, working side-by-side with planners, landscape architects, graphic designers, and exhibit designers. Opportunities for this position include working with mission-driven clients on community-based and visitor-centered architectural projects; professional growth; travel; and a collaborative design environment. The ideal candidate is a flexible and team-oriented professional who will bring enthusiasm and energy, an interest in complex projects at all scales, a passion for how buildings go together, a willingness to get good ideas from anywhere, and thoughts about how good work gets done in a sustainable way.
The Intern Architect will:
- Participate and assist project teams in all phases of architectural design, and work in close collaboration with landscape architects;
- Work on projects of a wide range of sizes and construction values, which may be in the region, across the country or around the world; and
- Provide architectural detailing and documentation process for diverse project types.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience and be working toward licensure;
- Experience with effective and accurate completion of project documents;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite is required;
- Experience in Autodesk products, including AutoCAD/ADT and Revit
- Experience with projects that include visitor facilities, civic projects, live and static collections, interpretive exhibits, community buildings, and/or projects with extensive engagement of site design and landscape architecture is a plus.