We are seeking a Project Associate (Policy) to join the Management and Policy Planning Services team. Our team provides strategic planning, organizational development, agency policy planning, and community planning outreach services in the fields of land use, transportation, water policy, parks and recreation, public health and social welfare.
The Project Associate will work closely with senior staff and have opportunities for progressive responsibility and advancement. This team member will participate in all aspects of project design and implementation, including group facilitation, research, writing, development of materials, meeting support, content analysis, administration and client contact. The Project Associate will also interact often with members of diverse communities during public engagement activities. Candidates who are adept at working at the community level, including with Spanish-speaking residents, are essential to our project team.
Specific requirements include:
- Graduate degree in the public policy, planning, urban studies, social sciences or a related field.
- 2-4 years work experience desired, depending on educational background.
- Bilingual ability and/ or fluency (Spanish) in both verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication required.
- Experience in conducting public outreach and group facilitation preferred.
- Graphic production savvy, knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator).
- Strong interest in policy planning, community involvement, research and social and organizational change.
- Computer proficiency especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Survey Monkey.