Project Manager: Urban Planning
We are seeking a motivated and creative Planner and Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary team. We are looking for people who are inspired and driven to create great places.
This position involves leading project teams to develop innovative plans and solutions for public, private and non-profit clients. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team that provides land use and policy planning, urban design and community engagement services. Typical projects may include general plans, specific plans, downtown plans, streetscapes and campus master plans.
Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, public policy, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 6+ years of work experience in planning or a closely related field.
- Strong graphics and writing skills.
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions.
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews.
- Desired computer proficiency includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and InDesign.
- GIS and Adobe Creative Suite software skills a plus, as are bilingual capabilities.
The ideal candidate must be able to think critically and creatively; successfully manage projects, work products and clients; work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment; and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities affected by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.