Project Manager: Urban Design
We’re looking for three motivated and creative Urban Designers/Project Managers to join our multidisciplinary teams in Berkeley, Sacramento, and San Diego. We are looking for people who are inspired and driven to create great places.
This position involves leading project teams to create bold and innovative urban design solutions for both public and private sector clients. The ideal candidate will work closely with planners, designers, landscape architects and engineers to develop forward-thinking designs, strategies, reports, analyses, mapping, and graphic materials for projects with clients across the state and country. Typical projects include streetscape designs, corridor plans, downtown revitalization plans, specific plans, station area plans, transit-oriented development and neighborhood plans.
Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communication skills and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, landscape architecture, or related field. Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred.
- 6+ years of work experience in urban design or a closely related field
- Strong graphics and writing skills
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup and AutoCAD
- InDesign skills are also a plus, as are bilingual capabilities