We are looking for a motivated Engineer-in-Training to join our multi-disciplinary planning and design team.
This position works closely with a licensed civil engineer and a team of designers and planners on a variety of projects and responsibilities. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has a high proficiency in CAD, the ability to think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. MIG team members share a common desire to engage closely with our clients and the communities affected by our work. We value diversity and foster an inclusive workplace.
- Civil engineering design work for site design, low impact development and complete streets projects.
- Help preparing plan documents.
- Project administration support including research and report compilation.
- Preparation of preliminary calculations and quantity take-offs.
- Construction administration support and drafting and design with OpenRoads and Civil 3D.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, taking on flexible roles to assist with and contribute to landscape architecture, urban design and planning projects.
- Regular communication and coordination with engineering staff and MIG’s Seattle office and other staff throughout the firm.
- Representation of the Denver office and firm at meeting and events.
- Occasional travel to other MIG offices and/or project locations (e.g., California, Washington, Texas, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required; master’s or progress toward a master’s degree a plus.
- NCEES designation of Engineer-in-Training (EIT) a plus.
- 1-3 years of work experience in civil engineering discipline within a professional workplace
- Ability to work within a team, as well as self-motivated with a desire to expand career
- Enthusiasm for engaging in inter-office and cross-discipline communication and projects
- Desired computer proficiency includes: MicroStation/OpenRoads, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, ArcGIS, InDesign, Word and Excel