Senior Project Manager: Accessibility Planning
MIG, Inc. is a national planning, design, management, communications, and technology firm with 275 employees in 15 U.S. offices. We are looking for a dynamic accessibility professional to join our Berkeley office. For consideration, we ask that you have an education and/or professional background focused on the ADA and accessibility planning and foremost, a passion to work with a creative, driven team dedicated to creating accessible and inclusive communities.
The Senior Project Manager will work on ADA Self-Evaluation and Transition Plans, ADA implementation planning, facility evaluations and reports, training for agency staff, and writing policy recommendations. This position will be responsible for managing projects and project teams, assisting with plan checking and reports, facilitating meetings with clients and the public, overseeing mapping, visualization, and graphics production; community engagement; and other efforts for public and private sector clients. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors and/or master’s degree in urban design, architecture, engineering, planning, or law and legal studies.
- Musts: strong writing and critical thinking skills, excellent presentation and marketing capabilities, the desire to work as an enthusiastic team member, and a sense of fun
- Required software skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Preferred software skills: GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, familiarity with database applications and asset management tools
- Pluses: municipal, county or state experience, design skills, and/or bilingual capabilities
This is a full-time position. Some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required for community engagement efforts, site evaluations, and deadline-driven work.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree required
- CASP certification (preferred)
- 5-10 years of professional experience in focused on accessibility planning, policy, design, and community engagement
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
- Ability to work as part of a team