Project Assistant/Office Administrator
We are seeking a steadfast and friendly Urban Design and Planning Project Assistant and Office Administrator to join our multi-disciplinary team. This integral role requires collaboration with leadership to support our new office and our ability to manage projects and deliver high-quality work products in a fast-paced environment. This is a 30/hour per week position with benefits to start and would likely move up to 40 hours/week within three months.
The Project Assistant portion of the position includes assisting with various project tasks including research, document review and editing, community engagement and other efforts for public and private sector clients. The Office Administrator portion includes working seamlessly with the Principal to support 3+ professionals and ensure the smooth daily office operations. The Principal is the firm’s Director of Urban Design and travels weekly.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment and maintain a sense of humor. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
- Project support – assist designers/planners with various project-related tasks, invoicing calculations and coordination, contract coordination, reporting, document layout, text flow, editing, proof reading
- Senior-level staff support – calendar management and meetings, heavy travel arrangements, assistance with timesheets and completing expense reports
- Schedule coordination for meetings with multiple attendees
- Coordination with MIG Headquarters and other offices as required
- Client management (private and public sector, including city and government officials)
- Coordination with partners and subconsultants
- Events, conferences, and speaking engagement coordination
- Reception duties (answer phones, setup/cleanup of meetings, greet guests)
- Minimum 1-year experience in a professional office is required; experience supporting projects in the A/E industry preferred
- Candidates must be 21 years or older for receiving alcohol packages and making alcohol purchases
- Bachelor’s degree preferable
- Bilingual ability and/ or fluency (Spanish) in both verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Adobe InDesign and Deltek Vision software experience is preferable
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and desire and willingness to learn
- High level of autonomy with strong team orientation
- Flexibility, adaptability working with a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to pitch in wherever help is needed, proactive nature and ability to anticipate needs of project staff
- Sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, organization, and efficiency; high attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading and document production skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs to assist with meeting support, supplies and equipment