Our Los Angeles office (formerly AHBE Landscape Architects) explores how design and research converge with science and art to deliver transformative landscapes for healthy, urban living. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Landscape Architect who has a portfolio of built work and project management experience. If you can solve technical design problems for projects of diverse size and complexity within the urban context, we would like to hear from you.
We seek candidates with the following attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of landscape architecture, from initial concepts through implementation.
- In-depth knowledge of technical aspects of landscape architecture.
- Strong design skills with ability to inspire creativity in others.
- Construction documentation and specification writing experience.
- Proven ability to manage internal project workflows, consultant teams, project budgets/schedules and contract administration.
- Results-oriented about project profitability and client satisfaction.
- Ability to listen to and collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary design teams.
Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- Minimum of five years in landscape architecture professional practice
- Registered Landscape Architect preferred
- Experience in the design of urban environments preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proven competence in the use of ArcGIS, Lumion, Revit, Rhino, and SketchUp is a plus.
- Hand-sketching ability is desirable.