We are seeking one Project Administrator for four key MIG groups: landscape architecture, community outreach, ecological design and planning studios. The Project Administrator supports the four studios’ Leaders and Project Managers with contract and project support and administrative tasks. The Project Administrator works closely with staff to support their ability to manage projects and deliver high quality work products in a fast-pasted and dynamic environment.
The selected candidate will work seamlessly with others to support 20+ professionals and ensure the smooth daily operations of each group. Some evening and/or weekend work may be required for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
- Project support—assist environmental management and planning professionals with various project-related tasks; invoicing calculations and coordination; processing contracts and setting up new projects in coordination with Business Office and Project Managers; heavy reporting duties; document layout, text flow, editing; proof reading
- Coordination with the Business Office/accounting and other offices as required
- Coordination with partners and subconsultants
- Schedule coordination for meetings with multiple attendees
- General office/staff support—general assistance; travel arrangements; timesheets and expenses
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities and people.
- Minimum 1-year experience in a professional office; experience in the A/E industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferable
- Must be 21 years or older for participation in 401K and alcohol purchases
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience in Adobe InDesign and Deltek Vision software experience is preferable
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude and desire and willingness to learn
- Flexibility, adaptability to work with a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- A willingness to pitch in wherever help is needed, proactive nature and ability to anticipate needs of project staff
- Sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, organization and efficiency; high attention to detail
- Excellent proofreading and document production skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs to assist with meeting support, supplies and equipment