We are seeking an entry- to mid-level Project Associate to join our multidisciplinary planning and strategic planning team.
You will work closely with a team of planners and designers on projects such as:
- General Plans
- Downtown, corridor and specific plans
- Zoning and development codes
- Housing policy plans
- Public engagement, including online tools
- Strategic planning
- Park and recreation master plans
Some evening and weekend work will be required for community engagement activities and deadline-driven work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member with a strong work ethic and sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning or related field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred
- 1-4 years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design, and community engagement
- Microsoft Office suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop skills are required
- GIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp skills are a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Graphic production savvy
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
- A plus: Bilingual ability and/ or fluency in both verbal and written communication (Spanish preferred)
Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, independent judgment, personal organization and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to changing situations and deadlines, work well independently, and contribute as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment.