Project Manager: Urban Planning and Strategic Communications
We are looking for an experienced Urban Planning and Strategic Communications Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary team.
You will be leading project teams to develop innovative plans and solutions for public, private and non-profit clients. The successful candidate will work as part of a multidisciplinary team that provides land use and policy planning, urban design, strategic planning and community engagement services. Typical projects can include land use planning, organizational strategic and master plans, consensus building, park and recreation planning, organizational development, rivers and watershed planning, stakeholder assessment and outreach, strategic communications and visioning.
Some travel, as well as evening and weekend work, will be required for community engagement efforts, site evaluations and for deadline-driven projects.
The ideal candidate must be able to think critically and creatively, successfully manage projects and work products, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie.
- Bachelor’s degree in planning, public policy, or related field
- Master’s degree in complementary field highly preferred
- 6+ years of work experience in planning or a closely related field
- Experiencing managing projects—contracts, scope, budget and schedule—as well as clients and partners
- Strong graphics and writing skills
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and to facilitate small and large group discussions
- Experience in developing marketing proposals and attending project interviews
- Desired computer proficiency includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and InDesign
- GIS and Adobe Creative Suite software skills a plus
- Bilingual capabilities a plus