We are seeking an entry- to mid-level Project Associate to join our multidisciplinary planning and landscape design team.
You will work closely with a team of planners and designers on projects like:
- Downtown, corridor, and/or specific plans
- Park and recreation system plans
- Zoning codes and design standards
- Historic preservation
- Public engagement support, including online tools
- Current planning support
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member who can maintain a good sense of humor. Some evening and weekend work will be required for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
Candidates must demonstrate attention to detail, independent judgment, personal organization, excellent communications skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities. The ideal candidate will be adaptable to changing situations and deadlines, work well independently and contribute as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment.
You must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in planning or related field. Other qualifications include:
- 1-4 years of professional experience in planning, policy, urban design, and community engagement
- Microsoft Office suite, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills are required
- GIS, AutoCAD, SketchUp skills are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graphic production savvy
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to think critically, communicate effectively, and produce high-quality work
- A plus: Bilingual ability and/ or fluency in both verbal and written communication (Spanish or Vietnamese preferred)