Senior CEQA/NEPA Project Manager (Environmental Analysis)
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Senior CEQA/NEPA Project Manager to join our planning and environmental sciences team in either our San Jose, Berkeley or Sacramento office. This is a full-time position with opportunity for growth.
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team conducting impact assessments and incorporating goals for healthy communities and environmental protection into the review process. This team specializes in finding solutions to complex technical and regulatory environments in planning, design and management of the built and natural environment.
- Managing Projects: You will provide overarching project direction to staff and oversight of work products; lead internal and external subconsultant and client teams; and develop and manage projects including scopes of work, budgets, and schedules. In addition, Project Managers maintain client relationships; identify the correct course of action to the client; represent clients at public hearings and meetings; and set the standards for excellence, responsiveness, and accountability.
- Project Work: You will work with a team to develop and publish environmental documents, including independent drafting of clear and concise CEQA/NEPA documents, conducting and coordinating research and technical studies, ensuring timely and accurate document production, directing graphical analysis, and maintaining project files.
- Project Types: The projects you will typically work on will include technical environmental impact assessments (CEQA and NEPA) and environmental compliance for cities, counties, regional and local districts, and other public and private-sector clients.
- Client Development: You will help build and maintain strong and responsive client relationships by developing leads, preparing proposals, and helping to define market gaps and new opportunities.
- Leadership Opportunities: This position offers potential to grow into a Director position, serving as a leader for the firm and group, working together with staff to ensure effective project management and conduct business development, while keeping an eye on MIG’s vision, purpose and reputation in the professional and regulatory community.
As a successful candidate, you must be able to manage time and competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team, direct and mentor staff, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, urban planning, or an associated field (a Master’s degree in a complementary field is a plus).
- Detailed knowledge of the entire CEQA/NEPA processes with experience managing and preparing all types of environmental analysis documents and ability to prepare legally sound CEQA and NEPA documents.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the primary laws (CEQA, NEPA, CESA, ESA, Clean Water Act, etc.) and regulatory agencies (BAAQMD, RWQCB, CDFG, USFWS, USACE, Coastal Commission, BCDC, State Lands Commission, LAFCo) that direct the environmental analysis process in California.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects, including maintaining compliance with project contracts; drafting and managing scopes, budgets and schedules; and working with clients and partners to execute the project work.
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective public presentations, lead working meetings, and speak easily and clearly in client and stakeholder meetings.
- Ability to actively participate in marketing and business development opportunities, develop proposals for prospective projects, participate in interviews, and develop and maintain potential client and partner relationships.
- You are organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
- You have excellent analytical and technical writing skills.
- You are an adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.