Marketing and Communications Project Associate or Project Manager
We are seeking an experienced Marketing and Communications Project Associate or Project Manager to join our multidisciplinary communications and media team—our in-house full-service ad agency—in either our Berkeley or San Diego, CA offices.
Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that provides communications and marketing campaigns for public sector and corporate clients. You will play an integral role in building strong project teams and meeting project deadlines by collaborating with our team of professionals to prioritize and manage workloads.
Project Work: You will perform a variety of project work related to marketing, public relations, advertising and digital media including but are not limited to:
- Prepare project activity reports, meeting conference reports, attend meetings and conference calls, schedule meetings and coordinate other logistics.
- Research, outline, write, edit and proofread marketing materials, including presentations, scripts, newsletter articles, e-blasts, brochures, flyers, reports, speeches and award submissions.
- Build and execute social media strategies through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification, content development and community management.
- Manage and oversee all social advertising campaigns.
- Assist in capturing and analyzing social media metrics for client reporting.
Managing Projects: If you are applying for the Project Manager position, you will provide overarching project direction, lead internal and external teams, manage projects including scopes of work, budgets, and schedules to help our public, private, and non-profit clients create innovative and equitable plans and solutions.
Project Types: The projects you will typically for public and private/corporate sector clients will impact local neighborhoods and communities.
This is a full-time position. MIG works on projects nationwide and some evening or weekend work may be required to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will need to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have some combination of the following qualifications if you’re applying for the Project Associate position:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field, but marketing, public relations, advertising, communications or graphic design is desirable.
- Relevant consulting experience in communications, media, digital marketing, public relations or a closely related field.
- You are local or willing to relocate to the San Diego area or the Berkeley/Bay Area to attend regular client meetings.
- Able to produce high-quality work products and contribute to workplace productivity, efficiency and performance by having a high attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be autonomous and work independently or as part of a team to complete projects on tight deadlines.
- An adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others.
- Have a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner.
- Understanding of KPIs and defining them specifically for social media
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience working with social media management platforms like Hootsuite.
- Software proficiency in Google G-Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in Deltek Vision software and monday.com is a plus.
If you are applying for the Project Manager position, in addition to the credentials above, you should have the additional qualifications:
- You have demonstrated experience in managing projects, including maintaining compliance with a project contracts, drafting and managing scopes budgets, and schedules, as well as working with clients and partners to execute the project work.
- Comfortability with numbers, proficient at tracking and managing project budgets.
- You can speak in front of groups and facilitate small and large group discussions and trainings.
- You are a people-person with an ability to develop collaborative, productive and respectful relationships with community members, organizations and partners, including but not limited to low-income communities and communities of color.
- You can actively participate in marketing and business development opportunities, develop proposals for prospective projects, participate in interviews, and develop and maintain potential client and partner relationships is a plus.