We are seeking an experienced Production Coordinator to join our multidisciplinary communications and media team—our in-house full-service ad agency—in either our Berkeley or San Diego, CA offices.
- Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that provides communications and marketing campaigns for public sector and corporate clients. You will play an integral role in building strong project teams and meeting project deadlines by collaborating with our team of professionals to prioritize and manage workloads.
- Project Work: You will support the project traffic/production in the communications and media department by running a weekly traffic/production coordination meeting; prioritizing and managing artist workloads throughout the week; overseeing print production, fabrication and implementation of campaign materials and media; build systems and processes to streamline workflow and encourage internal communication and collaboration; coordinate with our accounting team to get projects set up in invoicing system; assist Project Managers in creating project schedules and budgets for specific creative deliverables, and continue to monitor and help manage tasks, schedules and budgets with our accounting department and respective Project Managers.
- Project Types: The projects you will typically coordinate workloads will include graphic design and production, website design, strategic planning, writing, editing, multimedia production, and book design and production.
This is a full-time, hourly position. MIG works on projects nationwide and some evening or weekend work may be required to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will need to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field, but marketing or graphic design is desirable
- Relevant workload-balancing/traffic/production experience in communications, media or a closely related field
- Able to produce and/or facilitate the development of high-quality work products and contribute to workplace productivity, efficiency and performance by having a high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable and adept with numbers, proficient at tracking and managing project budgets
- Be autonomous and work independently or as part of a team to complete projects on tight deadlines
- An adaptable teammate who is willing to pitch in and help others
- Have a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner
- Software proficiency in Google G-Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite. Experience in Deltek Vision software and monday.com is a plus.