Project Associate: Planning and Community Engagement
We are seeking an entry- to mid-level Project Associate to join our planning, design and communications team. You'll be working in, and should have interest and experience in, strategic planning, organizational development, agency policy planning and community planning outreach services in the fields of land use, transportation, water policy, parks and recreation, public health and social welfare.
As a Project Associate, you will work closely with a team of planners and designers, as well as senior staff, and have opportunities for progressive responsibility and advancement. You will participate in all aspects of project design and implementation, including group facilitation, research, writing, development of materials, meeting support, content analysis, administration and client contact. You will also interact often with diverse members of communities during public engagement activities. Candidates who are adept at working at the community level, including with Spanish-speaking residents, are essential to our project team.
Some evening and weekend work will be required for community engagement efforts and deadline-driven work.
We are looking for candidates who understand quality community-centric planning and design, and who have the skill to convey ideas both graphically and in written form. You must have an ability to think critically and creatively, work well independently and as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment, and maintain a sense of humor. Candidates must demonstrate independent judgment, excellent communications and skills, and an ability to make decisions and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, planning, urban studies, social sciences, or a related field, with Master’s degree preferred
- 1-5 years work experience desired, depending on educational background
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and oral communications skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Survey Monkey
- Graphic production experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is desirable
- Bilingual ability and/or fluency (Spanish) in both verbal and written communication is desirable