Air Quality Specialist / CEQA Analyst
We are seeking an entry- to mid-level air quality specialist interested in preparing air quality and greenhouse gas emission (GHG) impact analyses and other technical analyses for all types of CEQA/NEPA documents, in our San Jose and southern California offices.
The position entails researching and writing CEQA/NEPA documents and supporting project teams in all aspects of providing environmental consulting services to our clients. Knowledge of air quality/GHG regulations and impact evaluation techniques, exposure to CEQA/NEPA document preparation, and a willingness to learn new areas of impact analysis are essential. Knowledge of air quality and GHG mass estimation and dispersion modeling programs including CalEEMod, EMFAC, OFFROAD, CALINE, and AERMOD is desirable.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, air quality impact assessments, including basic principles of atmospheric science, emission estimation methodologies, dispersion modeling programs, and permitting requirements
- Knowledge of, and experience with, GHG impact assessment and current state and national policies, issues, and methods related to planning for climate change
- Knowledge of, and experience with, CEQA/NEPA compliance, preferably in an environmental consulting firm setting
- Strong organizational skills, diligence and attention to detail, and ability to research and solve analytical problems
- Ability work well independently and in a collaborative environment with other air quality specialists and CEQA analysts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a clear, concise manner