Web Project Manager/QA Lead
MIG's technology group is seeking an emerging or mid-level Web Project Manager/QA Lead to join our highly skilled professional team of digital transformation strategists, web engineers, and designers in any of our MIG offices (California, Colorado, Texas, Washington, Oregon). This position may be performed from the office or working hybrid/remotely. Up-to-date Covid vaccination is required for all MIG staff for occasional in-person meetings.
Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline team that produces award-winning web solutions for public and private-sector clients including civic, government, and urban technology projects.
Project Types: The projects you will work on will include custom database-driven web applications, small and large-scale content management systems, mission-critical public agency data warehouses, web-based educational games, animations, data visualizations and mapping solutions, and reality (AR/VR/MR) web applications.
Project Work: You will manage the web design and development process for select projects and you will lead QA testing and ongoing client web support for many of our projects. Specific duties/responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide end-to-end project management
- Scope project requirements and prepare budgets
- Develop detailed project schedules and monitor progress
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and launch projects
- Deliver projects on time and budget, ensuring quality standards are met
- Manage several concurrent projects, some large, some small
- Highlight potential risks and act proactively to resolve issues
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggest new projects
- Lead QA testing and identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide ongoing client support for select projects
This is a full-time, hourly position. MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required to help our staff and to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance, and these excess hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish these responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open or remote environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you will have some combination of the following qualifications:
- A high-school diploma or GED. Any higher education is a plus.
- A solid understanding of and experience with web development processes and technology, web project management, and web QA testing with emphasis on accessibility and responsive design.
- Relevant experience as a web project manager, web QA lead, or web designer/developer. Experience working with public-sector clients is a plus.
- Knowledge of key trends in web design, development, and usability.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication for internal team communication as well as external client communication and work products.
- You have a professional demeanor, positive attitude, with time management skills and a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner.
- You are a proactive, detail-oriented, organized and adaptable teammate who can work under deadlines and is willing to pitch in to help others.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, Drupal and/or WordPress, Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools is required.