Marketing and Business Development Manager
We are excited to be growing our new Brooklyn, NY office and are seeking an experienced Marketing and Business Development Manager to join our diverse team of professionals. This position may be performed from the office or working hybrid/remotely. Up-to-date Covid vaccination is required for all MIG staff for occasional in-person meetings.
Collaborative Teammate: You will work as part of a cross-office, cross-discipline marketing and business development team that provides support to our multi-disciplinary technical teams in the areas of proposal production, presentation and collateral development, conference strategies and management, business development initiatives, and more.
Role: You will work with MIG leadership and a firmwide collaborative marketing group to help connect and manage strategic business development relationships and immediate marketing opportunities; produce and deliver high-quality, effective proposals; develop presentation and collateral materials; contribute to conference strategies and management; and more. Your responsibilities will vary by project, with you sometimes supporting others and other times leading tasks. Your role will typically include:
- Manage the timely production and delivery of high-quality, and effective proposals, awards submittals, presentations, conference materials, and other rapid-turnaround efforts.
- Participate in and assist with pursuit decisions, proposal strategy, and interview support. Work with the Marketing Principal and practice leaders to assess and prioritize multiple opportunities so that marketing resources are focused and effective.
- Track and communicate strategic business development relationships and potential RFP/Q opportunities in the region that align with MIG’s business goals and values.
- Assist in the management of ongoing upgrade and update of proposal materials (resumes, project descriptions, proposal boilerplate text, etc.)
- Prepare the opportunities report for and attend weekly MIG Management Team meeting with firm leaders and assist the Marketing Principal to follow-up on action items and develop marketing team weekly schedule.
- Work with the Marketing Principal to oversee the maintenance of marketing-related files including proposals, interview materials, images, resumes, project sheets, etc.
- Collaborate with the New York office’s Managing Principal to establish strategic relationships and partnerships as well as cultivate leads with public and private sector clients.
- Participate actively in team meetings to share best practices and improvements.
- Attend Pre-Proposal Meetings and strategic relationship-building meetings as-needed
MIG works on projects nationwide; some travel, evening, and weekend work will be required to attend in-person meetings or to meet deadlines. MIG encourages a work-life balance and these hours can be offset during the week when possible.
To accomplish the responsibilities, you will be able to manage competing priorities, think critically and creatively, work as part of a collaborative team in an open environment, and maintain a sense of humor and camaraderie. In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications, business, graphic design or in an A/E/C field. A Master’s degree in any field is a plus.
- Relevant marketing and/or business development experience in the professional services/consulting industry. Experience producing marketing proposals/qualifications packages in the architecture, engineering, communications and/or design/construction industries is preferred.
- You can produce high-quality work products and have strong quality control/assurance and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication for internal team communication as well as external client communication and work products.
- Ability to participate collaboratively in small and large group discussions.
- You have a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency and responsibility/dedication to ensure tasks are carried through to completion and in a timely manner.
- You are collaborative and willing to pitch in to help others, but you can also work independently to complete tasks.
- You are an active listener and can work with different personalities and professional styles.
- You are a proactive, organized and a flexible teammate who can adapt to resolve problems and can work under deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Software proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign. Experience in the full Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite and Deltek Vision is a plus.